Monday, October 4, 2010

Update

So I had a doctors appointment to go over labs that I had drawn last week.  My cholesterol numbers look great, so does pretty much everything else with a couple of exceptions.  I had below normal levels of iron in my blood, so I now take a daily supplement.  I also had an extremely elevated uric acid level.  For those of you who don't know, uric acid is what forms crystals in your joints, otherwise commonly referred to as gout.  My doctor prescribed me medication to lower the level of uric acid, and another medication just in case I have an outbreak of gout.  I'm praying that will not be the case, from all that I have heard, gout can be excruciating.

On top of the medical results, I was also weighed.  I weighed in at 262.5lbs.  That is down from a high of 357, and a June 17th weigh in of 348lbs.  That means that in 3 and a half months I am down 85.5lbs.  I really feel like I have had a huge weight lifted off my shoulders, both literally and figuratively.  I still have 62.5lbs to go to reach my goal, but I strongly believe that it is not only obtainable, but more importantly it is maintainable.  For those of you who know me, I have a history of losing weight only to regain it, plus some.  I honestly believe that this is it, I will never be heavy again.

Besides the weight loss, I am also in school.  I will be student teaching starting in November, and graduating with a Masters of Arts in Teaching from USC in May 2011.  I'm looking forward to the day where I can attend my first real graduation.  I didn't attend high school or undergrad, I did however attend Marine Corps Bootcamp graduation, but that doesn't count because it was mandatory.  The thought of graduating with a Master's Degree was not something that I would have believed possible after high school, but here I am preparing to actually teach high school.  Walking at graduation will allow me the opportunity to celebrate the achievement of 2 goals.  Completing school, and hopefully reaching my weight loss goal as well.

Well thats all I have to report for this evening.  I have an appointment with my surgeon and Dietician on the 16th of October, so I'll provide another update at that point.  Please feel free to leave me comments.  It would be nice to know who is actually reading this.  Take care everyone.

2 comments:

  1. I'm reading!! :)

    I'm so proud of you... don't know if I've told you that lately. I'm proud of you, and I'm excited that we are doing more together, and more with our friends.

    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to read about your recent successes! And to see an update on the blog :)

    ReplyDelete