Thursday, September 10, 2009

One Day Closer

Well I am one more day closer to beginning LIFE and heading towards my goal. Yesterday ended up being a hectic day. I sold my car, and had to deliver it to the new owner in preparation for leaving. I won't be needing one for the next couple of months, and I hope to be ok with just my bike when I am finished. The weather in Southern California is pretty spectacular year round, so I want to start riding everywhere.

I talked to my mom this morning and she wanted to know how I was feeling about going in less than a week. She asked if I was nervous, and I told her that my nerves have turned more into anxiousness and a feeling of relief that I don't have much longer to wait. This next 5 days or so will fly right by, and it will be Tuesday before I know it.

Today I am going to take my 2 dogs, Bella (toy poodle) and Abby (maltese), on a nice long walk. All three of us could use the exercise, plus I need to stretch out after that spin class Tuesday. I am still sore from that class. I think I will go for 2 miles, if we all can make it that is, because I'm not carrying the maltese the last mile.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with my Neurologist to go over the findings of my sleep study. I already know the results because my apnea was severe enough that they couldn't delay telling me. The reason I am going to a Neurologist is because I had a concussion back in January and suffered through terrible post concussion syndrome and migraines for months. He is one of the nicest most personable doctors I have ever seen, so I go to him for just about any issue I have.

On top of everything else, I have to pick up a rent a car tonight because our car needs to be in the shop tomorrow morning for some problems it is having. I am renting an SUV so I can move my bike and bar stools to my new apartment. Busy weekend coming up.

Well I'm going to run. Keep those comments coming. Thanks Everyone.

6 comments:

  1. I recently discovered your blog and am very excited for you. Thank you for sharing your journey online :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *laughs* I read your blog and you make me tired!! You just don't sit still a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone - I'm Chris' wife. I've started my own blog to share his journey through my eyes as well. I hope you will follow it as well as Chris. www.rebeccaconlon.blogspot.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris! Im Kristen :) Good luck with your weight loss journey! You will do great! Follow my blog if you get a chance...I am starting my weight loss journey in a month or so with the lap band so we will be in the same boat! Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chris,

    I am so thankful you started following my blog, otherwise I wouldn't have been introduced to yours. I am very excited to read your posts about your weight loss journey. I know all about having weight issues, and it's really inspiring to see someone who is really putting his whole being into achieving a goal such as this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chris, just saw that you joined my blog ring! Good luck with your journey to become healthy!

    ReplyDelete